Did You Know?
12 fun facts about cats and dogs...
- If never speyed or neutered, a female dog, her mate, and their puppies could produce over 66,000 dogs in six years
- A group of cats is called a clowder, and a group of kittens is called a kindle
- Dog's and cat's nose prints are similar to a fingerprint of a human, each one is unique
- Dogs can be trained to detect epileptic seizures
- White cats with blue eyes are quite often born deaf
- All kittens are born with blue eyes. These start changing colour from seven weeks of age
- Cats can see six times better in the dark and at night than humans can
- Dalmatian puppies are born pure white and their spots develop with age
- The heaviest recorded dog was "Zorba", an old English Mastiff, who weighed in at 155.5kg in 1989
- Three dogs survived the sinking of the Titanic, a Newfoundland, a Pomeranian, and a Pekingese
- The Basenji is the only breed of dog that doesn't bark
- Ginger cats are almost always male, and tortoiseshell cats are almost always female - the gene for coat colour is sex-linked